Whether you want to study hit song science or take a cinematic TV/Film approach, I can set you in the right direction while helping you marry skill with individuality. Singer/songwriter has been my job since 2005. After my first major label hit as a songwriter, I decided to invest in my own recording career. Consequently, I have had prominent placements on major network shows like The Vampire Diaries, Sons of Anarchy, Mob Wives, So You Think You Can Dance, and many more. I have found a way to build sustainable success in an increasingly volatile music business by finding my own unique voice and a niche that supports it. There is no reason why you as a committed songwriter can’t do the same. The only limits are in your head, and together we can break them down, dispose of them, and get you aligned with your creative power. Get ready for a breakthrough. -Levi
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Song coaching is delivered via Skype at $100 per hour. Greater time blocks may be arranged, i.e. 90 minutes for $150 and so on. In-person sessions are available whenever logistically possible.
- I am here to help you find the soul and strength of your song, not to take your copyright. When our work together inspires concepts, lyrics, or melody, it belongs to you. I claim no rights to your song. You are safe with me.
- I am here to be one-on-one with you, not your spouse, bestie, or manager. This is a safe, intimate environment reserved for you alone. Guests are not welcome.
- Conversations move with greater momentum when you show up with songs you’re already sketching out. I recommend coming to the session with a few things you are currently working on.
- You must be the sole writer of your song. I can’t coach you on a song that is part owned by someone else.
- If you don’t have something you are currently working on, we can do something akin to a “Songwriting 101” course and get you familiar with the elements that make up the process. I will encourage you to consider your own strengths and develop a songwriting process tailor-made for you.
- Songwriting sessions do become constructive career conversations at times, and I am open to that. My general philosophy is this. Not that they don’t co-exist for a lucky few, but fame and financial prosperity are generally two different strategies. Both are valid, but remember, there ain’t nothing goin’ on but the rent. I suggest you worry less about how many Instagram followers you have and figure out how to get yourself paid. We can discuss this and a whole lot more. Good conversations to have.
- Lastly, I can offer you a simple song critique if you want professional feedback on your existing material.